16 October 2007


Otoberfest In Monterrey



Stephan is one of the french hornists in the orchestra. he's a very nice man and is married to a beautiful Mexican woman. Last week he sold me a ticket for an "Oktoberfest" celebration which took place last night.

Earlier in the day, Greg and I cleaned the entire house....it looked and smelled great! We had some guests over for wine later in the afternoon.

Przemeck had a wedding gig and when he returrned to the house wee took a cab to the Oktoberfest Celebration. When we arrived we noticed many non-Mexicans in attendance. Well, as soon as we walked in a lady greeted us with a huge glass beer mug and gave us our tickets for dinner and beer of course!

We found our other friends from the orchestra and joined them. People started dancing and talking. I met a lot of Europeans who are living right here in Monterrey. It was a lot of fun.

Did I get drunk? No, I did not. I'm glad I didn't becausee I wanted to have a productive day today. I had a few beers because they were directly imported from Germany. It was good!

I had a good time, met some cool people, danced a little bit and made it home safe.

No comments: